We are dedicated to achieving the full potential of all children, by providing education of the highest quality, within a rewarding, enjoyable and meaningful curriculum that fosters a love for learning.
Good standards of teaching, supported by rigorous assessment procedures ensure good progress and are enhanced through opportunities for pupils to personalise and extend their learning.
Themed projects, activity days, research, new technologies and a range of engaging teaching and learning styles are used to enrich pupil's experience.
The National Curriculum divides into Core and Foundation subject areas at Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2. We teach each of these subjects as both discreet subjects and within topics that encourage children to develop their skills, motivation and resilience through a cross-curricular approach.
Children in Key Stage 1 follow a two-year curriculum plan. Children in Key Stage 2 follow a four-year plan for Humanities with a two-year rolling programme for Years 3 and 4 and Years 5 and 6 for other foundation subjects.
Find out what we are studying this term:
- EYFS Curriculum Overview - Summer 2022
- Year 1 Curriculum Overview - Summer 2022
- Year 2 Curriculum Overview - Summer 2022
- Year 3 Curriculum Overview - Summer 2022
- Year 4 Curriculum Overview - Summer 2022
- Year 5 Curriculum Overview - Summer 2022
- Year 6 Curriculum Overview - Summer 2022
Children in the Foundation stage classes follow the six areas of experience within the Early Year Foundation Stage curriculum.
There are three Prime areas:
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development
- Personal Social and Emotional Development
And four Specific areas:
- Literacy (including reading and writing)
- Understanding of the World
- Expressive Art and Design
A variety of teaching methods are used to explore these areas which include both teacher and child initiated activities.
We also have a specialist outdoor play area and Forest School.
- Reception Long Term Plan - 2019/20