Aims and Values
We value the efforts, achievements and participation of all those involved in the learning process.
Within the framework of a Christian ethos, we aim to enable the children to do everything to the best of their ability by:
- Developing a love of learning
- Helping them to work and play cooperatively
- Establishing a sensitivity to the needs of others
- Involving and working together with parents and our community
- Providing a stimulating and welcoming environment
- Promoting ambition, aspiration and high expectations
In Spring 2020 the Governors agreed a new School Vision Statement, which can be read below:
At Bidford on Avon Primary School we are committed to promoting British values through a wide range of explicit and implicit educational activities.
Our approach to promoting fundamental British values follows equal opportunities guidance which guarantees that there will be no discrimination against any individual or group, regardless of faith, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, political or financial status.
All students have an opportunity to develop and demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and tolerance of different beliefs, cultures and faiths.
As a result of our promotion of British values, our pupils are expected to gain:
- An understanding of how citizens can influence decision-making through the democratic process.
- An appreciation that living under the rule of law protects individual citizens and is essential for their wellbeing and safety.
- An understanding that the freedom to choose and hold other faiths and beliefs is protected in law.
- An acceptance that other people having different faiths or beliefs to oneself (or having none) should be accepted and tolerated, and should not be the cause of prejudicial or discriminatory behaviour.
- An understanding of the importance of identifying and combating discrimination.